[Actionchix] State of the new website

chris lists at semioticpixels.com
Sun Jun 25 17:42:30 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-06-25 at 11:40 +0200, Karine Delvare wrote:
> On Sunday 25 June 2006 00:36, Mary Gardiner wrote:
> > 2. Restructure of website for more consistent semantics as far as "what
> >    goes in which section?"
> >
> > I don't know the status of this work, can someone update us?
> >
> > 3. Cleanup of HTML
> >

> That' the part I want to help with, and indeed I never saw any moment I could
> step in and do this work. If I missed something and if there's still cleanup
> to do... I'm still there :)

Hey Karine,
I think Jen has probably spent more time wrapping her head around the
content migration issues than I have, but as I understand it, what needs
to happen is the content that's been migrated into plone at the test
server http://69.90.211.225:8080/linuxchix needs to be cleaned up so
that plone can see it. It's there in the zodb, it's just not digestible.

the options I see are to create content types and import the data into
them (probably the better solution) or we can create templates and the
content would be html-based and inserted via the plone editing interface
(which more people could participate in.)

I've created an initial list of content types. I just haven't had time
to implement.

hth
chris