[Actionchix] Simpler designs

Mary Gardiner mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Mon Jul 3 00:55:54 UTC 2006

On Sun, Jul 02, 2006, Terri Oda wrote:
> On 29-Jun-06, at 7:08 PM, Mary Gardiner wrote:
> >[1] Be wary of the distortion introduced by not using a fixed font
> >size.
>
> For comparison, here's a version with a fixed 10pt font for the body
> text:
>
> http://terri.zone12.com/linuxchix/index-orange-cleaner.html
>
> - I also moved the logo up to the upper right hand corner so that it
> wouldn't push the menu so far down, and fixed the wrapping around the
> menu, as per people's comments earlier.

Thanks. I like this version better: I'm interested in hearing from
people with narrow viewports.

> - I find 10pt a bit small, but it *is* pretty common.

I would prefer in the final design if we did not specify a default font
size (although I realise some designs may rely on it): I just wanted
people to consider that their default large fonts may distort their
impressions of things.

-Mary

PS Please don't consider my comments on Terri's design an indication
that I am intended to choose one of hers. That decision is a fair way
away.