[Actionchix] Simpler designs

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Sun Jul 2 23:54:46 UTC 2006

On 29-Jun-06, at 7:08 PM, Mary Gardiner wrote:
> [1] Be wary of the distortion introduced by not using a fixed font
> size.

For comparison, here's a version with a fixed 10pt font for the body
text:

http://terri.zone12.com/linuxchix/index-orange-cleaner.html

- I also moved the logo up to the upper right hand corner so that it
wouldn't push the menu so far down, and fixed the wrapping around the
menu, as per people's comments earlier.

- I find 10pt a bit small, but it *is* pretty common.

- I did the "everything's in a big box and we don't use the whole page"
thing that's fairly frequently used in modern web design.  I used a bit
more screen real estate than, say, yahoo does, but it should give you
the idea.

  Terri