[Actionchix] Final versions of robotux are here!

Mary mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Sat Apr 1 12:26:17 EST 2006

On Fri, Mar 31, 2006, Val Henson wrote:
> Okay, I'm never clear on this, but what license is good for releasing
> these?  I want something sort of GPL style - you can use it however
> you want, but if you make a derived work and publicly release it, you
> have to release it back into the community.  Basically, if someone
> uses the logo or some version of it and puts it on a web site or
> starts selling t-shirts with it, I want to be able to put it on my web
> site or or sell the t-shirt myself. :)

Some people use the GPL itself, but I tend to feel that a licence that
has multiple sections specifically dealing with code is a bad sign when
dealing with creative works -- they *aren't* some kind of special case
of code, they're a different thing. Creative Commons Sharealike is
intended to have the same effect. I gave a link to the 'generic' licence
in my web design announce.

-Mary