[Actionchix] Final versions of robotux are here!

Val Henson val.henson at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 11:56:18 EST 2006

Hi all,

Colin Adams just finished the final versions of the logos.  Here is a
web page with jpeg renderings of them, plus links to download the
source files.

http://infohost.nmt.edu/~val/linuxchix_logo.html

The best part is that if you don't like something in particular about
them, you can change them!  Remember, no one is forcing any of the
logos on anyone, they will be picked by the web designers as they
create new proposed web sites.  I hope to see these logos in at least
some of the new web designs.

Okay, I'm never clear on this, but what license is good for releasing
these?  I want something sort of GPL style - you can use it however
you want, but if you make a derived work and publicly release it, you
have to release it back into the community.  Basically, if someone
uses the logo or some version of it and puts it on a web site or
starts selling t-shirts with it, I want to be able to put it on my web
site or or sell the t-shirt myself. :)

Once I know what the right license is, I'll put it up on the page.

-VAL