[Actionchix] Re: LinuxChix Documentation Project (Was: [Newchix] Perceived Lack Of Intermediate Level Linux Tutorials, Howtos)

esme esme at nocturnal.clara.co.uk
Mon Sep 19 08:10:57 EST 2005

Umm... if something aimed at beginners needs proof-reading (either for
standard of English or to some extent accuracy of content)  I;d be happy to
help.  But I'm very much in a "point me at where I can help" situation.  I'm
not going to start anything up.

Actually, I'm having a bit of a break from tinkering with Linux.  It's just
been too much like hard work and too little like interesting fun trying to
get back into programming, and even stuff like basic multimedia has been
annoying, lately (Bought some BBC videos that, even with libdvdcss won;t play
on my PC, where legal DVDs I bought ages ago do. I don;lt have a standalone
DVD player! Grrrr to the BBC over whatever theyve done to their DVDs!)

Sorry, I wibbnled a bit off-topic there. Anyway, if i can help with teh job of
making Linux an easier and more pleasant experience for newbies, let me know
how I can help. Otherwise - I'll just wait until it gets sorted enough that I
feel it's fun messing with it again (wonder what Mandriva 2006 will be
like? :-} )

Esme