[Actionchix] Idea for an actionchix project

Fazia Begum Rizvi fazia at faziarizvi.net
Fri Oct 7 04:52:47 EST 2005

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005, Mary wrote:

> We canvassed various options on this list about projects to collaborate
> on a while back, and I was personally quite struck by Terri's
> suggestion:
>
> http://mailman.linuxchix.org/pipermail/actionchix/2004-October/000009.html
>
> In summary, the suggestion was to work on games projects. The part of it
> I particularly liked was the idea of developing educational resources
> around games programming: eg developing "how to write a game module"
> material aimed at women and girls, in addition to developing game
> modules and game module infrastructure, particularly infrastructure that
> makes it relatively easy (and therefore immediately rewarding) to
> develop your own games.
>
> Are people here interested in that project? Which parts? Any other
> ideas?

I'm interested in this project - especially because we are talking about
doing this where I work.

I work for a university, in the instructional technologies department. We
recenelt started talking about the possibility of developing "smart games"
or games for instructional purposes.

Since I'm not a programmer or developer, my role in the project will
likely revolve around investigating faculty interest, user support, and
looking at what kinds of games are bing used for instructional puposes or
what's being developed out there.

I would love to get involved somehow in any project that would help women
and girls learn how to develop games. I'm not sure _how_ I could be
involved, but I'm interested. :-)

ad astra,
Faz

   (    Fazia Begum Rizvi