[Actionchix] Gnome-Women

Clytie Siddall clytie at riverland.net.au
Fri Jun 24 14:25:40 EST 2005

On 22/06/2005, at 12:46 PM, Máirín Duffy wrote:

> Mel, I think your ideas are wonderful. I'd like to encourage you to
> get involved with the gnome-women project - we're just in the
> defining/organizing stages now, but a mentoring program of the likes
> that you're discussing is one of my major goals for the project. It
> seems to have worked well for the debian-women project and I think
> it'd be great to have women working on GNOME. Details about our
> mailing list and IRC channel are at: http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWomen.
> If you have any questions please feel free to ask, either on the
> mailing list, irc (my nick is mizmo), or you can email me!

Máirín, I'm a volunteer translator for OSS projects, and member of
Debian-Women. Could I be useful in Gnome-Women? I'm actually a Mac
OSX user ;) (love my Macs) but I do translate for Gnome, Debian etc.

I'd like to encourage some of the young Vietnamese women students
(who aren't as crippled socially as older women) to join both these
organizations. Having a translated welcome page would help, so please
tell me when you have something up that I can translate.

Hope it's OK to ask this here.

Gnome-women would also be an opportunity for me to do what I'm
already doing, mentoring young Vietnamese women computing students
and translators, as part of a general mentoring project and support
group.

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)

Clytie Siddall--Renmark, in the Riverland of South Australia

Ở thành phố Renmark, tại miền sông của Nam Úc