[Techtalk] seeking backup solution recommendations

Maria Sund maria at tietonoita.fi
Sat Nov 28 21:55:41 UTC 2020

On Sat, 2020-11-28 at 09:52 -0800, Meryll Larkin wrote:
> Hi Systers,
>

> I'm searching online too, but I thought emailing this list might help
> me as
> some of you probably have experience with different backup solutions.

I like to hear comments, too. I have found rsnapshot reliable and it is
easy to restore data. Can restore single files, or whole directory
using rsync. At least it was working this way with my systems. I have
similar system here, my internal LAN, and so on. This works fins when
is Linux, Do not know with other OS. Bacula for example was too
complicated for our systems.

@@ Maria