[Techtalk] Gimp tutorials

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 13:47:58 UTC 2013

Hey there,

Akkana Peck wrote:

> PDF (and DJVU even more so) is also very hard to convert to cleaner,
> wrappable formats like HTML. There's an economics book I've been
> wanting to read, and it's available free online, but only as a PDF
> where the text is in two columns side by side. The PDF is impossible
> to read on a handheld device (5" or 6" screen) and there's no way to
> convert 2-column PDF to any other format (I wasted an incredible
> amount of time trying).

There may be soon. The CherryTree free, open source tree outliner has
importing from PDF as one of its To Do items. See the TODO section of
this page:

http://www.giuspen.com/cherrytree/

One of the nice things about CherryTree is that it exports to
CherryTree, HTML, PDF, and single or multiple text files. So when the
developer gets to the PDF import part of his TODO list, you should be
able to import a two-column PDF and read it in CherryTree and/or edit
it in CherryTree and/or export it into one of the formats it offers.

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.