[Techtalk] Basic connection questions

Wim De Smet kromagg at gmail.com
Tue May 28 11:06:36 UTC 2013

FWIW, NetworkManager logs most of what it does to syslog (/var/log/syslog).
So if you read the stuff that gets logged right after boot, you should be
able to see if it is trying to manage your network interface or not. I
assume you already configured it to run in unmanaged mode.

To me it sounds like this is not an NM issue at all, but probably more of a
DHCP configuration issue. For instance, some servers require you to release
your previous lease if you do a fresh dhcprequest without releasing the
previous one, even if the standard probably says they should just reissue
it.

Wim