[Techtalk] making scheduled reminder popups in Drupal 6

Kathryn Hogg kjh at flyballdogs.com
Thu Nov 8 23:18:32 UTC 2012

On 2012-11-08 16:03, Carla Schroder wrote:
> Help Drupal is driving me insane. Again :) And it's doubtless due to
> my
> tragic lack of Drupal-fu. I am tasked with creating a popup to
> promote Webinars. The popup must popup at scheduled times, and know
> when
> it has already been displayed to a visitor and not keep getting in
> their
> face. The information on the popup will change frequently, so it
> would
> be nice if it were easy to edit. Is there anything like this for
> Drupal
> 6?

I've never done anything like this but perhaps a combination of the
Popup module, Views, and Views auto refresh?

1. Popup: http://drupal.org/project/popup
2. Views: http://dupal.org/project/views
3. Views Auto Refresh: http://drupal.org/project/views_hacks  (part of
Views Hacks)

What I'm thinking is write a view that returns whatever content you
want.  Display it as a block and use the Popup to display that block as
a popup.  You'll need to figure out a way for the view to filter content
that the user has already seen if Popup doesn't have something similar.
Collapsible blocks uses a cookie to remember which blocks I don't want
expanded so perhaps Popup has something similar?

--
Kathryn Hogg
http://womensfooty.com