[Techtalk] who are the heroes of Linux?

John Sturdy jcg.sturdy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 20:10:06 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 5:20 PM, Carla Schroder <carla at bratgrrl.com> wrote:
> the sky's the limit as long as they are contributors. I'm looking for people
> outside the usual Linus-Richard-Mark triangle, people who deserve some
> recognition.
>
> So fire away, and please include a sentence or two describing what they do.

How about Eben and Liz Upton, David Braben and others, who designed
the Raspberry Pi ARM/Linux single board computer which is aimed at
getting schoolkids into hands-on programming like the BBC Micro did in
the 1980s?  See http://www.raspberrypi.org/ for details of what
they've produced.  I've heard that on the launch day there were 700
orders coming in per second... and it comes with Linux!

__John