[Techtalk] Dazzle DCV100

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Thu Sep 22 19:48:07 UTC 2011

On 09/22/2011 01:40 PM, Little Girl wrote:
> If you get it working in Kubuntu, I'd appreciate you sending me step
> by step instructions. I have a help page and could post them there
> for the next person.

So far I have VLC and V4L2 installed, as well as some V4L2 configuration
stuff. In the GUI V4L2 Configuration it shows the Dazzle and correctly
identifies it. That's a good sign. VLC seems to show the video properly.
Sound however is another problem. Have to work on that.

OK - further testing. It seems that if you stop and then restart a
stream VLC can't connect to the V4L2.

It did work once for a few minutes but the sound was messed up.

I'll keep working on it as time allows.

--

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb."     - Benjamin Franklin -