[Techtalk] any Red Hat peeps here?

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Fri May 20 05:51:00 UTC 2011

On Thu, 19 May 2011 21:43:23 -0700
Cynthia Kiser <cnk at ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote:

> Quoting Carla Schroder <carla at bratgrrl.com>:
> > Anyone have any helpful clues? Oh there is an option for physical
> > installation media-- for $25.
>
> No helpful hints on making it work for individual subscribers like
> you. But the observation that this process probably doesn't get a lot
> of love because most of their customer base probably does what my
> employer does - run their own repo that mirrors the RHEL ones. I don't
> know how painful it was to setup (that belongs to another set of
> sysadmins), but having a local mirror makes it feasible to kickstart
> over the network.

==AUGH sorry, sent to Cynthia by mistake-- this is a re-send to the
list. Sorry!==

Well-- this is evaluation software, for people who are not
yet RH customers. I am baffled at single-use download links that expire;
I've never seen that before. There is a 200MB boot.iso which is an
easy download, but it's useless for me-- unlike Debian's netinstall
it requires that you already have a local repo. Chicken and egg...

best,
Carla

--
Shiny new "Book of Audacity" is here!