[Techtalk] Rhythmbox and Banshee issues (Ubuntu Natty Narwahl)

Amy rpgirl1981 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 17:24:30 UTC 2011

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 9:14 PM, Deborah Gronke Bennett <
deborah at deborah.best.vwh.net> wrote:

> I have been using a Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid Ibix) laptop as my primary
> machine for a couple of years now. The machine is getting old, and I need to
> migrate to a new machine. I have installed a new laptop with Ubuntu 11.04
> (Natty Narwahl).
>
> On my old machine, I used Rhythmbox as a podcatcher, and I used gnomad2 to
> transfer the podcasts to my Creative Zen MP3 player.
>
> I'm trying to get something like this to work on my new laptop. I installed
> Rhythmbox (0.13.3). However, I cannot add any of my podcast feeds to this
> version. (I've searched a bunch of webpages and bug reports, and there is a
> lot of talk about parser incompatibilites, etc). So then I tried to use
> Banshee, the newer program which is replacing Rhythmbox as the default in
> Ubuntu these days. There I was able to add all my podcast feeds, and get
> podcasts to download. However, I can't get Banshee to recognize my MP3
> player. And I have not been able to find if there is a version of gnomad2
> available for this version of Ubuntu.
>
> My ideal solution would be to continue to use Banshee. However, I am
> looking for tips on how to get my Creative Zen MP3 player to be recognized
> by the program. I do have the latest firmware, version 1.21.01.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> -deborah

I'm not sure if this is what you want, but have you tried gpodder (
http://gpodder.org/)?  It's in the Ubuntu repos.  And I think it will
recognize your Creative Zen.

Amy

--

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati.  (When all else fails, play dead.) -Possum
Lodge Motto

Do you do Ubuntu <http://www.ubuntu.com>?

About.me <http://about.me/gamerchick02>