[Techtalk] a paucity of available note takers

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 19:50:48 UTC 2010

Hey there,

Anne Wainwright wrote:

> I use Gjots2 jotter to record and classify all my linux notes.
[SNIP]
> I use Tomboy for personal stuff
[SNIP]
> might try Gnotes which is a clone in C++.
[SNIP]
> I have a space for ephemeral notes, ones that I might well ditch
> when I shut down.
[SNIP]
> I am just trying Xpad which is suitable small and featureless.
[SNIP]
> I'm not looking for an editor where I have to save the stuff under a
> name and then find that to reopen it if I do want it next time.
[SNIP]
> Still, any better ideas?

Both are free and open source:

1) Notebox Mismanager sounds like a match made in heaven:

http://mismanager.sourceforge.net/

The screenshot he shows does *not* do it justice. I use the program
myself, and could offer better screenshots. It's an unusual,
eccentric, fascinating little program that allows you to store your
text in whatever kind of order or disorder you like. (:

2) Another possibility that I highly recommend is my Book on a Stick
wiki:

http://bookonastick.wordpress.com/

It's a cross-platform wiki in a self-contained file that runs entirely
in your browser and, thanks to the dedication and hard work of an
amazing good samaritan, a new version will soon be coming out. (:

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.