[Techtalk] Running servers too hot?

Kelly Jones kelly.terry.jones at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 03:32:33 UTC 2008

How hot can 1U servers run, and where exactly do you take their temperature?

Can you measure the heat of their power supply exhaust or something?

I think we're running our servers too hot, but no one else believes
me, so I need some sort of evidence/proof.

They hang frequently, but my cow-orkers blame demons and ghosts.