[Techtalk] Techtalk Digest, Vol 63, Issue 18

Augustina Blair missaugustina at gmail.com
Sat May 24 15:26:31 UTC 2008

Hi Miriam,

If you don't already have a UPS with power surge protection, I highly
recommend you get one.  The UPS will beep and switch to battery and
depending on your motherboard, you can configure different options in your
computer if it switches to UPS power.  This will not only allow you to
diagnose power issues but it will protect your power supply and your system
from energy fluctuations that surge protection alone can't.

Augustina