[Techtalk] Wierd problem with an Asus Eeepc

Michelle Murrain michelle at murrain.net
Thu Jul 31 15:57:36 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have a friend with an Asus Eeepc (running whatever version of Linux it
comes with), and she gets really strange behavior. Sometimes, relatively
randomly, it changes the font. If she writes mail in Gmail, it happens
(interestingly enough, on her end, it's going from sans-serif to fixed
width like courier, but it comes through gmail the opposite.)

When it happens, she can't login to websites, etc.

I'm thinking this might be a wierd encoding issue (like it randomly
changes encoding) but googling doesn't turn anything up.

Ideas of where to look?

Thanks!

Peace,
Michelle
--
Michelle Murrain
http://www.zenofnptech.org

Skype: pearlbear
AIM: pearlbear0

"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear."
-- Martin Luther King, Jr.