[Techtalk] "bind to reserved port" error

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Wed Mar 28 03:59:51 UTC 2007

David Sumbler writes:
> This is strange, because I definitely always have run it as a user in
> the past, under Fedora and, previously, Redhat.  I have had a look at my
> Fedora /etc/fstab file, and there is no mention of /mnt/psion (which is
> where I usually mount the Psion tree), so I don't understand why there a
> problem under Ubuntu.

Is it possible it was setuid there, but isn't on Ubuntu?

Unfortunately I got rid of my Mako years ago (because it was too
much hassle to sync files to it and there was no way to develop
software for it without using Windows) so I know nothing about
the current incarnation of plptools. Loved the hardware, still wish
someone made a machine like that now with a more open OS.

	...Akkana