[Techtalk] spf and mail

Mary Gardiner mary at puzzling.org
Fri Mar 16 21:52:22 UTC 2007

On Fri, Mar 16, 2007, Maria McKinley wrote:
> Somehow forwarding the mail to our mail server bypasses this check or
> forges this check or checks with the planet mars to find out we don't
> have an SPF record, when really we do.  Anyone know enough about
> forwarded mail to venture a guess as to how this is happening and/or
> how to fix it?

I haven't been able to follow your problem exactly, but it's not this
problem is it? SPF doesn't like it if the intermediate fowarding step
doesn't re-write the sender address.

http://www.openspf.org/FAQ/Forwarding

Unfortunately, all the fixes are at the forwarding step, which is the
bit you say is outside your infrastructure :(

-Mary