[Bulk] Re: [Techtalk] gui help cross platform

Cynthia Kiser cnk at ugcs.caltech.edu
Sat May 27 03:07:47 EST 2006

Quoting Helen <hrosseau at rogers.com>:
> I am trying to not put a server on the laptop.  It may end up as the way to
> go.  I have already downloaded the cygwin apache, but I was trying to avoid
> this.  I was looking more for a socket or active component that I could
> embed into an html page.  The wish gui  with tk/tcl seems like a way to go
> but I haven't figured out the examples or how to use them for my purposes.

Well there is a chapter on socket programming in the Welch Tcl book
(http://www.beedub.com/book/). But I think folks were suggesting using
a web server (I suggested AOLserver as it has an embedded Tcl
interpreter) so that you didn't have to do the low level socket stuff
yourself. Let us know how you end up solving this.

--
Cynthia N. Kiser
cnk at ugcs.caltech.edu