[Techtalk] X fried

Maria McKinley maria at shadlen.org
Sat Dec 2 09:53:27 UTC 2006

Hi Mike,

Brilliant! This gave me an idea. I looked in /etc and found the old
config file, and noticed that it had been set up for a different
monitor. So, apparently X had been set up for one monitor, and when we
moved all the computers the monitors got mixed up. The old config
(Xfree86) had no problem with the different monitor, but after I
upgraded, Xorg did have problems with the new monitor for some unknown
reason. So I switched the monitors back, and suddenly the resolution is
correct again. Strange, but it is working again! Yeah!

cheers,
maria