[Techtalk] X fried

Mike cj at 4x4specialty.com
Fri Dec 1 04:05:54 UTC 2006

Usually I find this when I change the drivers for the monitor it fixes
that for me. I mean if you have a lcd versus a general crt? Make sense? if
you have some obscure monitor you can use a custom lcd or custom crt. I
think you can find it in Xorg.conf but you should be able to find it in
control center in not.

> Hi all,
>
> I just made a big mistake, and tried to upgrade X on a machine that has
> not been upgraded in a long time. It has been rather a mess, but finally
> got Xorg working. But, I can't seem to be able to change the screen
> resolution. No matter what resolution I put in xorg.conf, it doesn't
> change the resolution. Any ideas?
>
> thanks,
> maria

"Buddy the elf, What's your favorite color?"