[Techtalk] CVS question

Jenn Vesperman jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au
Sat Nov 26 11:55:28 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-25 at 16:06, Mary wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 25, 2005, Kathryn Andersen wrote:
> > I've only been merely a user of CVS before, not administering anything.
> > I wasn't the person who set up the pserver setup.
>
> Have a look through this section of the online CVS book:
> http://cvsbook.red-bean.com/cvsbook.html#The%20Password-Authenticating%20Server
>
> It's about setting pserver up, but it gives the user format. Essentially
> I guess the idea would be to remove the general user from the pserver
> list of users.

Page 195, Essential CVS, the section on the 'readers' and 'writers'
files.

It works only with pserver, but if 'general' is in the readers file,
he's restricted to read-only access. Anyone in the 'writers' file, or
not in either file (but with filesystem access), has read-write access.

Take a look with your Safari account, or with the free trial. :)

Jenn V.
   My book 'Essential CVS': published by O'Reilly in June 2003.
jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au     http://anthill.echidna.id.au/~jenn/