[Techtalk] two firefox annoyances..

Angelina Carlton brat at magma.ca
Sat May 28 22:25:25 EST 2005

On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 11:43:00AM +0200, Doc Nielsen wrote:

>> (1) bookmark menus are too fast.

>user_pref("ui.submenuDelay", 400);

> > (2) Partially loaded pages...
>
> I almost forgot this
> user_pref("network.http.connect.timeout", 10);

Hi, thanks for these, although I am not sure where to type that :)
It looks like I put those lines in a file, but ~/.firefox has tons of
stuff in it and I dont know where it goes.

Also is the bookmark setting in miliseconds and the network one in
seconds?

Thanks to everyone else who posted,

I do have flashblock, I need flash on occasion, sites like flickr do
not work well without it so flash block is the best solution for me in
that case.

Adblock I do not use, I might look into it but often the problem isnt
ads but legitimate content, RSS aggregators, like planet.$whatever
sites have content pulled in from all over, if one of the blogs is down or
unavailable, ff will keep trying for ages.

thanks everyone!

--
Angelina Carlton