[Techtalk] weird problem with kontact

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at thenilgiris.com
Wed May 18 16:26:28 EST 2005

hi,
i use kontact on mandrake10. The other day, i exited kontact, shut
down X, logged out, switched of the monitor and left for a four day
trip. When i got back i restarted X and started Kontact. I got this
message "~/.Mail exists, cannot move mail'. I clicked OK an got my
kmail screen with all my folders missing and no mail in the inbox.
Check mail filled in all the new mail. I found that it had created a
directory called ~/Mail and was storing things there. I copied the
contents of my old .Mail folder to the new Mail folder and everything
was fine. Question - what happened and why?
--
regards
kg

http://www.livejournal.com/users/lawgon