[Techtalk] mutt and threads

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Thu Jan 20 17:31:49 EST 2005

On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 01:24:22AM -0500, aec wrote:
> folder-hook . means *all* folders right? This is what
> I want, mutt does not have a problem displaying
> the folders in threads, so I am halfway there at least.
> It just seems to have a problem collapsing threads that
> have no new mail :-\

Hmmm; weird -- there doesn't seem to be a "start collapsed" setting.

What I've done in the past to work around weird shortcomings like this is
make my own using the "push" command, which can stuff things into the
keyboard buffer as if you'd typed them.

<http://mutt.org/doc/manual/manual-3.html#push>

I'm up past my bedtime, so if that isn't enough of a clue, I can explain
myself more clearly later. :)