[Techtalk] Debian versus GenToo

Finne Boonen hennar at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 00:12:35 EST 2004

my (very biased, and prolly not really founded on something experiences)
(also, I first tried slackware, then debian, and then gentoo, so I
knew more about what I was doing while installing gentoo then while
installing debian)

- Debian has a tendency to brake if you're trying to stay semi-up to
date (not the latest versions of everything, but not the 2yo version
either)

- Debian wasn't very friendly when trying to get non-free .debs, I've
had better experiences with getting Gentoo to do similar things

- debian is much easier to configure Xfree then gentoo

as to the faster thing, I don't notice huge differences between debian
and gentoo on the same machine.

Finne