[Techtalk] Trying to get octave to compile.

Sue Stones suzo at spin.net.au
Sat Mar 20 19:13:46 EST 2004

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 04:22 pm, John Clarke wrote:

> > So I downloaded and tried octave-2.1.50... Half a dozen more pacages
> > downloaded and installed, and I all but destroyed the OS, as the packages
>
> Now I'm very sorry I suggested you try it.  I nearly installed Redhat's
> octave rpm but now I'm glad I didn't ;-)

Yes I would have felt bad if that had happened to you.  Looking on the bright
side, I wan never happy with the way I had partitioned that disk, so I took
the oportunity to change it reducing the number of partions that I have.

> > Thaks so much for the help John, and also others.
>
> You're very welcome.  Sorry it's been such a long and painful saga.

But having someone to discuss things with makes it much less painfull.

sue