[Techtalk] iPod with Linux - and gtk+-2.0

John Clarke johnc+linuxchix at kirriwa.net
Mon Jun 21 09:51:39 EST 2004

On Sun, Jun 20, 2004 at 11:47:33PM +0100, David Sumbler wrote:

> My FC1 system (which is completely up2date-ed) has gtk2, but has
> gtk+-1.2.10, when gtkpod is asking for gtk+-2.0 .  gtk2 isn't the
> problem.

gtk2 is gtk+-2.x.

> And there don't seem to be any ready-built rpm-s for gtkpod on FC1.

This page:

    http://fedoranews.org/casper/gtkpod/

tells you how to build a gtkpod rpm from source.  The gtkpod
documentation and every how-to page I've found says you need firewire,
but it works over usb too (you need an ipod usb cable).

Cheers,

John
--
Y2K-Y Jelly,
Allows four digits where only two were previously possible.