[Techtalk] iPod with Linux

David Sumbler david at aeolia.co.uk
Mon Jun 14 20:45:40 EST 2004

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004, Teri Solow wrote:

> I use grip  to convert my CDs into MP3s, and then go from there.  As
> long as the ID3 tag is set correctly, the iPod will be able to
> organize songs properly.

I downloaded grip, and it plays my CDs fine, but I haven't actually
managed to get it to rip anything yet.  I obviously need to fiddle
around with the settings a bit more.  At the moment, all I get is a
few directories and a 378 byte .m3u file.

The real reason I'm writing this, though, is because it looks to me as
if I also need another application to encode the .wav files, which
I'll hopefully get eventually, into MP3s.

Any recommendations?  I don't seem to have anything suitable on my
Fedora Core 1 system at the moment.

Sorry to ask what might seem very basic questions, but this whole area
is new to me.

David