[Techtalk] Odd Compilation Errors (modules)

TechChiq techchiq at hotpop.com
Sun Oct 12 17:07:48 EST 2003

While trying to compile a module source code (someone else wrote it), I am
getting errors after doing a modprobe on the compiled module. It says that
the module was compiled with gcc2 and the kernel compiled with gcc3 so it
will not work. It's odd because I installed Pink Tie 9 and didn't change
anything from the default Workgroup installation. Therefore how it is using
gcc2 libraries when the kernel is gcc3 is beyond me.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

TechChiq
Pink Tie 9 (RH9 clone from CheapBytes.com)
Kernel 2.4.x
Win98SE (dual-boot)