[Techtalk] HTML Editor

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Tue Mar 25 11:56:27 EST 2003

Gina Lanik writes:
> I agree with Jacinta, and the code it produces is not nearly as bad as with
> other "editors". If you want the code fully compliant you can run it
> through a program called tidy afterwards or check with w3.org's validator.

(Full disclosure: I'm a mozilla editor developer and not impartial :-)

It also has a menu item to call up the W3C validator on the current page.

If you see mozilla's editor producing code that doesn't pass the
validator, please file a bug!  (bugzilla.mozilla.org, component
Editor: Backend)  I think there are a couple of specialized cases
known (usually arising from copy/paste) which can produce illegal
code, but in general that should never happen.  If it does, please
file a bug and let the developers know how to reproduce it!

If you don't need a wysiwyg editor, I hear raves about Bluefish.

	...Akkana