[Techtalk] HTML Editor

Gina Lanik geekgrrl at geekgrrl.priv.at
Tue Mar 25 10:23:55 EST 2003

On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 02:54:35PM +1100, Jacinta Richardson wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Mar 2003, Phil Savoie wrote:
>
> > Was wondering if anyone can reccomend a simple stupid html editor.  I am very
> > new to this and largely have no clue as to how they work.  But, none the
> > less, I have been tasked to "try my luck" at creating an internal web page(s)
> > for the purpose of sharing information.
> >
> > Any suggestions would be most welcome.
>
> The html editor which comes with Mozilla is pretty good.  It doesn't offer
> the best of all generated html, and I'm not 100% certain that the
> resultant html will be fully w3c compliant, but it isn't too bad.
>
> It's certainly pretty easy to learn how to use.

I agree with Jacinta, and the code it produces is not nearly as bad as with
other "editors". If you want the code fully compliant you can run it
through a program called tidy afterwards or check with w3.org's validator.

I meanwhile use a mixture of Mozilla Composer and vim ;-)

I would recommend getting a book on HTML as well - "HTML and XHTML - The
Definitive Guide" by Chuck Musciano & Bill Kennedy (O'Reilly) worked for
me.

HTH,

Gina
--
bash: syntax error near unexpected token `=:)'