[Techtalk] firewire

Julie txjulie at austin.rr.com
Tue Jul 8 07:28:46 EST 2003

Piglet wrote:
> Don't forget zip disks as an option......mayhap not as compact as an
> external, but certainly more compact per megabyte than floppies....

[ Top posting is evil ]

I've been using pendrives (USB flash disks) a lot of late.
They are more compact than ZIP disks and faster.  They also
support password locking, though I've been unable to make
that work under Linux.

-- Julie.

> On 7/8/03 2:02 AM, kim_dang1 at yahoo.com shared this thought:
>

>>Other Back-up Options?
>>I am looking for Very light weight here since the
>>laptop already weighs a lot. Any other back-up options
>>appreciated too. It will be used a lot for travel
>>overseas so I can't hook up to a network and CD's are
>>getting tedious.

Julianne Frances Haugh             Life is either a daring adventure
txjulie at austin.rr.com                  or nothing at all.
					    -- Helen Keller