[Techtalk] Infrared with an Acer 612tx---explanations

Claudia monsviridinus at tin.it
Sat Feb 15 14:08:09 EST 2003

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003 09:38:13 -0500
Emma Jane Hogbin <emmajane at xtrinsic.com> wrote:

> I don't remember what OS you're using, but you might be able to get some
> help from debian-laptop...I've never tried connecting two laptops. :(
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-laptop/
>
> emma

I'm using a Linux Slackware 8.1 on both laptops: I know that Debian is more supported
and documented (really a good distro in my opinion) than Slack but I really like this distro so here I am!
Anyway I tried to follow the link you kindly suggested
but I couldn't find any more information : I don't think it should be a problem related to the distribution.
I tried connecting the two laptops with a real serial cable using pppd and I'm able to do it : so why shouldn't they
connect the same way with the infared port??
Thank you for helping!
Claudia