[Techtalk] Kmail is buggin me

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Fri Aug 1 18:04:01 EST 2003

On Friday 01 August 2003 4:08 pm, Doc Nielsen wrote:
> Hey ya'll
>
> I got a little problem with my new Kmail
> I have an imap account on my server (dovecot) my filters are working just
> fine with both Outlook (and Express) and Mozilla -mail.
> However, when i want kmail to filter mail from *linuxchix.org to the
> linuxchix folder, it doesnt! :-( boohoohoo
>
> I've tried creating the filters, but the only folders i can select are the
> ones in "Local Folders", not the ones in my imap account
> Does any of you chix-readers have a good idea. and believe me, i've googled
> all day for an answer...
>
> - Doc

The Kmail Help is the place to look:

"6.1.

Why are my filters not applied to incoming messages of IMAP accounts?

Because KMail currently does not support this. You should use server-side
filtering (ask your admin for how to install filters on the server and in
which format), since IMAP is all about managing your email on the server.
Unfortunately, although there exists a mail filter language (Sieve, defined
in RFC3028), there is no standardized access protocol for installing or
editing server-side Sieve scripts. If such a protocol becomes available in
the future, KMail will most probably include support for it."

This is from Kmail 1.5