[Techtalk] Getting names and addresses of forum users

Arashi arashi at hpo.net
Thu Sep 19 17:27:07 EST 2002

At one linux forum I often visit, someone recently said he(she?) was
planning to publish (though not at this particular forum) the real names and
addresses of trolls who had been regularly flaming him/her.

The impression I got from that thread was that grabbing people's names and
addresses thru a forum they're members of is quite easy.  Is this true, or
is it just script kiddie bravado?  How is this possible?  I'm not asking
because I want to do it myself - I just don't want it to happen to me.

cheers
Berenice