[Techtalk] Apache 2.0 opinions wanted!

Charlotte Oliver COliver at casedesign.com
Tue Oct 22 10:42:22 EST 2002

> I'm seriously considering upgrading. Because I'm Australian,
> I pay oodles for my bandwidth (comparitively) and I like the

It's okay...we Americans save all that money on bandwidth and have to
turn around and indenture ourselves for a college education. :)

I am so jealous over the Australian university system!

> idea of mod_gzip. In fact, I like it so much that I want to
> use it more than Apache 1.3 will let me. I want to pipeline
> it with everything! Everything I tell you!

I like Apache 2.0.  I haven't used it as extensively as it looks like
you're going to, but it's pretty nifty and was easy enough to configure
and install.  I didn't upgrade, though -- just installed it fresh on a
brand new system to test it first.

Charlotte