[Techtalk] OT but I'm desperate.... Windows....!

P Casper sylph at cyber-dyne.com
Fri Oct 18 14:42:54 EST 2002

About your BSOD, Michelle,

I don't have the last message with me here at work, so I'm stripping out
everything but my own text, but I did find something which may apply:

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (0x1E)

This code is generated from several places in the kernel, including the
system's exception handler. It occurs when an exception has occurred that
the system was not expecting, and not able to handle via any exception
handling mechanisms. <snip>  Its parameters are shown in Table 2.

Table 2 then goes on to specify that parameter 0xc0000005 means an access
violation in 0x629B53E8

IOW, it sounds, oddly, like your printer is read only. Or something like
that. Can you print to file with the same driver and/or set up a dummy
printer (port=FILE)??  Just thoughts.... Hope this helps :)

(reference: http://www.osr.com/ntinsider/1997/bsod/bsod.htm)

--Poppy