[Techtalk] NO Start

Beth Johnson linux.chick at verizon.net
Wed Oct 16 10:10:41 EST 2002

On Wed, 2002-10-16 at 01:44, Andrew wrote:

> 	It is my guess a complete re-install would work, as you
> described. I have a few things I'd rather save if possible.

Did you set up /home on its own partition?  If you did, that will go a
long way to saving stuff, as you then simply choose not to format that
partition when you reinstall.  That and /etc holds just about everything
that would be customized, but you can't put /etc on its own partition.

> 	If I don't get an answer by tomorrow I guess I will need to
> start from scratch format and all. I feel this will work, but would
> really like to know why. Why this setting is stuck...? Kudzu does not
> "speak-up". Is it kudzu or kuduz?

:-(  It's kudzu, like the invasive vine.  Perhaps 'drake doesn't have
it.  Is there an option on boot up for interactive start up?  We have
that with RH.

regards,
Beth
--