[Techtalk] editorial comments in config files

Rebecca J. Walter rjp at mail.tele.dk
Sun Nov 3 23:45:35 EST 2002

On Sun, 2002-11-03 at 22:29, Katie Bechtold wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 03, 2002 at 10:40:15AM -0800, Carla Schroder wrote:
> > I was poking through my own autostart files, look what KDE's says:
> > Comment=Autorun - the CD-ROM mounter for the lazy user
>
> Do you think it's possible the writer means "lazy" in a
> laziness-as-virtue way that many programmers espouse?  If the writer
> mean to be offensive, I'd think he or she could have thought of some
> much nastier language than "lazy."

How else would you expect developer-who-is-not-a-writer to conveniently
say "user who doesn't want to be bothered with the hassle of mounting
and unmounting CDs"?

I am sure it is just "I need to focus on code but here is basically what
it does" comment.  If I were a KDE user, I would appreciate that there
is a comment in the config file that tells me what it does in my
language of choice.