[Techtalk] running multiple concurrent sessions

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Tue May 28 10:32:38 EST 2002

I've been playing with running multiple concurrent sessions on one machine.
It is easy and fun, at least in console mode. (RH 7.2) I can open six,
Alt+F1- F6, any combination of users I want. but when I try to open an x
session it crashes as soon as I switch away.

For example, at Alt+F6 I'll fire up KDE. Works fine until I switch to one of
the others, for example Ctrl+Alt+F1. when I come back it is crashed. Same for
Gnome and XFCE. Should be plenty of hardware resources, Duron 800/256 RAM.

Should it not be possible to do this? All of my personalities must find
simultaneous expression. Red hat docs are unhelpful.

thanks,
Carla