[Techtalk] copy paste question

Dennis Wheeler dennis.wheeler at pictureiq.com
Thu May 9 10:23:07 EST 2002

>    7. copy paste question (Mary E. Mulderrig)
> --__--__--
>
>  I used to be
> able to select text in any app using my left mouse botton ...
> .... I recently started using Red Hat 7.1 and I can
>
> --__--__--

RedHat 7.1 did change something. I had the same problem when I upgraded
from 6.2 to 7.1, though I am using a 3-button mouse. You may have a
similar problem with your 2-button mouse.

The problem for me was that the default generic ps/2 3-button mouse
works on 6.2, but not on 7.1 (at least not for copy/paste). When I went
back and chose the Microsoft InteliMouse ps/2, things are working for me
again.

You may need to experiment with different selections until you find the
one that works for your 2-button mouse.

 -- quit Xwindows (if running)
 -- /usr/sbin/mouseconfigurator
 -- /etc/init.d/gpm restart