[Techtalk] ftpd not running

Conni ccovingt at one-eyed-alien.net
Thu May 2 05:20:13 EST 2002

On May 1, Caitlyn Martin conjectured:

> Hi, Pierre, Conni, and everyone else,
>
> > >         disable                 = yes
> > > }       ^^^^^^^                   ^^^
> >
> > You might want to *enable* it...  :^)

Like I said, I didn't change any settings recently, though I updated
wu-ftpd in the last week or two.  Before that, it had been working.  If
updating it made it not work, and changed it to being disabled, it's not
my fault.  I don't sit around memorizing config files. I admit, the
disable = yes struck me as weird, but I didn't really know what to do with
it.  I certainly didn't tell it to disable ftp.

> As root, to turn on wu-ftpd, type in:
>
> chkconfig wu-ftpd on

Do I have to reboot after that, or will restarting the network and xinetd
be enough?

Conni

--
I'm having some difficulty with the idea that an AI needs nookie.
			-Michael, User Friendly 6/01/99

		  www2.one-eyed-alien.net/~ccovingt