[Techtalk] ftpd not running

Caitlyn Martin caitlynmaire at earthlink.net
Wed May 1 22:45:10 EST 2002

Hi, Pierre, Conni, and everyone else,

> >         disable                 = yes
> > }       ^^^^^^^                   ^^^
>
> You might want to *enable* it...  :^)

It might have been more helpful (and more polite) if you specified *how*
to turn it on.  Seriously, people on this list are at all different
levels of knowledge.  Conni probably *does* know the chkconfig command,
but as others may need the same sort of info, telling how to do
something is generally more helpful.  I'm not picking on you, and I
don't think you meant to be rude, but your response could be interpreted
that way, or at the very least, unhelpful.

As root, to turn on wu-ftpd, type in:

chkconfig wu-ftpd on

All the best,
Caity