[Techtalk] My X display is fubar

Robyn Manning rmanning at adam.com.au
Tue Jun 4 23:37:30 EST 2002

Hi

You need to edit /etc/inittab and change the runlevel from 5 to 3 ie

id:3:initdefault:

note the 3

Once you've done this you can startx from the command line. If 'x'
doesn't work try starting 'x' this way

startx >& test.log

then read the test.log if that doesn't give you any clues post it here
and we can have a look at it.

Robyn