[Techtalk] update on apache

Michelle Murrain tech at murrain.net
Thu Jan 31 16:54:05 EST 2002

OK, here's an update:

This is really strange. If I delete the httpd.pid file, I can start up
apache using apachectl. Then I have some httpd processes running. But any
request to the web server kills one process, and no request is filled. I
did delete the red hat RPM finally, but that had no effect.

When I run /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl status, I get the following:

Looking up localhost
Making HTTP connection to localhost
Sending HTTP request.
HTTP request sent; waiting for response.
Alert!: Unexpected network read error; connection aborted.
Can't Access `http://localhost/server-status'
Alert!: Unable to access document.

lynx: Can't access startfile

Every http request kills one server, and then finally they are all dead.

Again, no indications in the logs that I can find as to what is happening,
and I can't find any clues on the web.

Am I missing something big, or is this really strange?

.Michelle

Michelle Murrain
tech at murrain.net
AIM/Yahoo Messenger:pearlbear0